Horizontal method for the enumeration of presumptive Coliforms - Colony-count technique at 30°C
Qualitative process control with RM-ECO.00012MM
- Use a quantitative reference material (RM-ECO.00012MM) with a known number of Escherichia coli.
- Defrost the material at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Mix well before use.
- In the case of qualitative operations the contamination level of the reference material (RM-ECO.00012MM) must be representative of the limit of detection.
- At an average contamination level of 5 cfu per control sample, the probability of using a coincidentally uninfected (negative) sample according to the Poisson spread is less than 1%.
- Incubate at (30 ± 1) °C for (24 ± 2) h to (48 ± 2) h.
- Determine the absence or presence of the microorganism and register your finding in a qualitative control chart.
- The characteristic reaction is: Gas production and turbidity.
The single strain RM-ECO.00012MM is used for the detection and enumeration of coliforms
Process control detection method
|Kind of reference material||Biosisto product for this control method||Control Strain||WDCM number||NCCB number|
|Single-strain reference material||Escherichia coli||00012||72002|
|The Biosisto reference material in this table is used in the best practice for Qualitative process control according ISO 17025.|