Horizontal method for the detection and enumeration of presumptive Escherichia coli
Quantitative process control with RM-ECO.00012MM
- Use a quantitative reference material (RM-ECO.00012MM) with a known number of Escherichia coli.
- Defrost the material at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Mix well before use and dilute the material so countable numbers are inoculated on the media (EC).
- Best results are obtained when a practicable range of 80 cfu to 120 cfu per plate with a minimum number of 50 cfu per plate is used.
- Incubate at (44 ± 1) °C for (24 ± 2) h to (48 ± 2) h.
- Count the colony forming units and register in a control chart.
- The characteristic reaction is: Gas production and turbidity.
The single strain RM-ECO.00012MM is used for the detection and enumeration of coliforms
|Kind of reference material||Biosisto product for this control method||Control Strain||WDCM number||NCCB number|
|Single-strain reference material||Escherichia coli||00012||72002|
|The Biosisto reference material in this table is used in the best practice for Quantitative process control according ISO 17025.|