Horizontal method for detection and enumeration of Campylobacter spp. - Part 1: Detection method
Qualitative process control with RM-CJ
- Use a quantitative reference material (RM-CJ) with a known number of Campylobacter jejuni.
- Defrost the material at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Mix well before use.
- In the case of qualitative operations the contamination level of the reference material (RM-CJ) must be representative of the limit of detection.
- At an average contamination level of 5 cfu per control sample, the probability of using a coincidentally uninfected (negative) sample according to the Poisson spread is less than 1%.
- Incubate at (41,5 ± 1) °C for (44 ± 4) h.
- Determine the absence or presence of the microorganism and register your finding in a qualitative control chart.
- The characteristic reaction is: Greyish, flat and moist colonies, sometimes with metallic sheen.
Singl strain te be used for the detection and enumeration of Campylobacter spp.
Process control detection method
|Kind of reference material||Biosisto product for this control method||Control Strain||WDCM number||NCCB number|
|Single-strain reference material||Campylobacter jejuni||00005||100333|
|The Biosisto reference material in this table is used in the best practice for Qualitative process control according ISO 17025.|