Horizontal method for the determination of Vibrio spp. - Part 1: Detection of potentially enteropathogenic Vibrio parahaemolyticus, Vibrio cholerae and Vibrio vulnificus
Qualitative process control with RM-VPARA
- Use a quantitative reference material (RM-VPARA) with a known number of Vibrio parahaemolyticus.
- Defrost the material at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Mix well before use.
- In the case of qualitative operations the contamination level of the reference material (RM-VPARA) must be representative of the limit of detection.
- At an average contamination level of 5 cfu per control sample, the probability of using a coincidentally uninfected (negative) sample according to the Poisson spread is less than 1%.
- Incubate at (37 ± 1) °C for (24 ± 3) h.
- Determine the absence or presence of the microorganism and register your finding in a qualitative control chart.
- The characteristic reaction is: Green colonies (sucrose negative).
Single strain te be used for the detection of potentially enteropathogenic Vibrio parahaemolyticus, Vibrio cholerae and Vibrio vulnificus
Process control detection method
|Kind of reference material||Biosisto product for this control method||Control Strain|
|Single-strain reference material||Vibrio parahaemolyticus|
|The Biosisto reference material in this table is used in the best practice for Qualitative process control according ISO 17025.|