Horizontal method for the detection of Cronobacter spp.
Quantitative process control with RM-CS
- Use a quantitative reference material (RM-CS) with a known number of Cronobacter sakazakii.
- Defrost the material at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Mix well before use and dilute the material so countable numbers are inoculated on the media (CCI) by spread plate method.
- Best results are obtained when a practicable range of 80 cfu to 120 cfu per plate with a minimum number of 50 cfu per plate is used.
- Incubate at (41,5 ± 1) °C for (24 ± 2) h.
- Count the colony forming units and register in a control chart.
- The characteristic reaction is: Growth.
The single strain RM-CS is used for the detection of Cronobacter sakazaki