Microorganisms and performance criteria for non-selective liquid media 'TSYEA' used in Food chain microbiology according to ISO 11133.
Qualitative control of Productivity
- Use a reference material or test suspension with a known number of Listeria monocytogenes 4b.
- Inoculate the media (TSYEA) with 0.1 mL of more than 100 cfu/mL and less then 1000 cfu/mL of microorganisms.
- Incubate at (25 ± 1) °C for (21 ± 3) h.
- Asses the amount of growth as, 0 for no turbidity, 1 for slight turbidity or 2 for good turbidity.
- For this medium (TSYEA) and standard (ISO 11290 (all parts)) combination the criteria is: "Good Growth (2)."
Best Practice TSYEA
Qualitative single tube method for performance testing of liquid media – pre-enrichment media
|Control strain||WDCM number||Incubation||Criteria||Characteristic reaction|
|Listeria monocytogenes 4b||(25 ± 1) °C for (21 ± 3) h||Good Growth (2)||Growth|
|Listeria monocytogenes 1/2a|
|The best practice for Qualitative control of Productivity for media control of 'TSYEA' is based on the data displayed in this table according ISO 11133.|