Microorganisms and performance criteria for multipurpose media 'BPW' used in Food chain microbiology according to ISO 21528-1.
Qualitative control of Productivity
- Use a reference material or test suspension with a known number of Escherichia coli.
- Inoculate the media (BPW) with 0.1 mL of more than 100 cfu/mL and less then 1000 cfu/mL of microorganisms.
- Incubate at (37 ± 1) °C for (18 ± 2) h.
- Asses the amount of growth as, 0 for no turbidity, 1 for slight turbidity or 2 for good turbidity.
- For this medium (BPW) and standard (ISO 21528-1) combination the criteria is: "Turbidity (1–2)."
Best Practice BPW
Qualitative single tube method for performance testing of liquid media – pre-enrichment media
|Control strain||WDCM number||Incubation||Criteria||Characteristic reaction|
|Escherichia coli||(37 ± 1) °C for (18 ± 2) h||Turbidity (1–2)||Turbidity|
|The best practice for Qualitative control of Productivity for media control of 'BPW' is based on the data displayed in this table according ISO 21528-1.|