Microorganisms and performance criteria for multipurpose media 'BPW' used in Food chain microbiology according to ISO 6579-1.
Qualitative control of Productivity
- Use a reference material or test suspension with a known number of Salmonella Typhimurium and Salmonella Enteritidis.
- Inoculate the media (BPW) with 0.1 mL of more than 100 cfu/mL and less then 1000 cfu/mL of microorganisms.
- Incubate at 34 °C to 38 °C for 18 h ± 2 h.
- Asses the amount of growth as, 0 for no turbidity, 1 for slight turbidity or 2 for good turbidity.
- For this medium (BPW) and standard (ISO 6579-1) combination the criteria is: "Turbidity (1–2)."
Best Practice BPW
Qualitative single tube method for performance testing of liquid media – pre-enrichment media
|Control strain||WDCM number||Incubation||Criteria||Characteristic reaction|
|Salmonella Typhimurium||34 °C to 38 °C for 18 h ± 2 h||Turbidity (1–2)||Turbidity (1–2)|
|+ Salmonella Enteritidis|
|The best practice for Qualitative control of Productivity for media control of 'BPW' is based on the data displayed in this table according ISO 6579-1.|